Attention, android lovers and smartphone freaks,
LG recently announced a ‘Swiveling’ mobile phone, by far a whole new benchmark in the smartphone world. But will it be a success? Can it live up to the dream of the developers?
Display (Primary)6.80-inch (1080×2460)
ProcessorQualcomm Snapdragon 765G
Rear Camera64MP + 13MP + 12MP
The ‘Wing’ is the first product under LG’s new “Explorer Project” branding, mainly focused on exploring ways to “breathe new life into what makes a smartphone.”
The primary feature of the LG Wing, of course, is the two OLED panels. The first is a standard 6.8-inch main screen without any bezels or notches. But, there’s a second 3.9-inch panel that’s hiding under the main display which makes the Wing really a ‘wing’. Wing’s main display swivels around and up revealing the second screen, in a shape that looks like a ‘T’.
The whole concept behind this is to facilitate the ‘multitasking’, where when you flap the wing open, the main display is for whatever your primary task is, and the second display serves as a supplemental window for another app or extended functionality.
The coolest usage I can think of is that you can still text or chat with your friends while you are in the middle of PUBG gameplay, the nightmare of most of the PUBG gamers. Or, on those champions league nights, where you can still watch your club game on the main screen and also be updated about the second game going live, be it watching on another screen or checking the ‘live score’. you can do a lot of things in this crazy smartphone, definitely a lot more than I can imagine.
Also, LG Wing ditches the now-common bezels or notch, as it has this ‘motorized’ front camera that pops up only when you switch to the front camera.
As of the price, if we are to consider an XDA Developers report, it’ll be in the market for up to $1000, approximating 1,20,000 in NPR.
You can find all the specifications for the latest LG announcement below:
- Body: 6.67 x 2.93 x 0.43 inches; 260 gm; Water-repellent coating, anti-dust technology, MIL-STD-810G certification
- Main: 6.8-inches “Flawless POLED FullVision” panel; 60Hz refresh rate
- Secondary: 3.9-inches GOLED panel; 60Hz refresh rate
- Main: FHD+ (2460 x 1080 pixels); 20.5:9 aspect ratio
- Secondary: 1240 x 1080 pixels; 1.15:1 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Snapdragon 765G; 7nm Mobile Platform
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime & 1×2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 475 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 620
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Storage: 128/256GB (expandable)
- Software & UI: Android 10
- Rear Camera: Triple-camera;
– 64MP, f/1.8 primary shooter
– 13MP, f/1.9 ultra-wide lens; 117° FOV
– 12MP, f/2.2 ultra-wide Gimbal Motion Camera; 120° FOV
– LED flash
- Front Camera: 32MP, f/1.9 (motorized pop-up)
- Security: In-display Fingerprint Scanner (optical)
- Audio: Speaker, No 3.5mm headphone jack; LG 3D Sound Engine
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual Nano-SIM, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual-band), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS / AGPS / GLONASS / GALILEO / BDS, USB Type-C 3.1, 5G (sub-6GHz, mmWave), NFC
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass
- Battery: 4000mAh, Quick Charge 4+, Wireless charging
- Colors: Aurora Gray, Illusion Sky
Thankyou for reading!