Rabindranath Tagore was the flagbearer of Bengali and English literature. He was known as the Bard of Bengal and best remembered for his sensitive and wonderful verse, May 7, 2021, marks his 160th birth anniversary.
“Faith is the bird that feels the light when the dawn is still dark.”- Rabindranath Tagore
Rabindranath Tagore’s quotes still acquaint us with knowledge, wisdom, and the truths of life. As we count down to his 160th birth anniversary, here are some life-changing quotes by him.
RABINDRANATH TAGORE’S: INSPIRATIONAL QUOTES
- “The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life.” –Rabindranath Tagore
- “Everything comes to us that belongs to us if we create the capacity to receive it.” –Rabindranath Tagore
- “When we accept any discipline for ourselves, we try to avoid everything except that which is necessary for our purpose; it is this purposefulness, which belongs to the adult mind, that we force upon school children. We say, “Never keep your mind aler” –Rabindranath Tagore
- “If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars.” -Rabindranath Tagore
- “Our nature is obscured by work done by the compulsion of want or fear. The mother reveals herself in the service of her children, so our true freedom is not the freedom from the action but freedom in action, which can only be attained in the work of love.” -Rabindranath Tagore
Some of Tagore’s well-known poems are listed below:
- On The Nature of Love
- Where The Mind is Without Fear
- Sonar Tori (“Golden Boat”)
Read more …..